Thursday 1 March 2012

Healthy Winter


You may remember a while ago, I was sent a box of goodies from New Zealand Honey Co, including everything I need to survive the winter season!

The box was full of natural remedies including a selection of New Zealand Honey Co's goodies, a pack of peppermint tea, lemon juice, a clove of garlic, lavender oil, a packet of dried blueberries and some ground ginger.


Well as Winter is almost behind us (20 days until Spring!) I thought I would update you on my progress.

I have actually done really well this Winter avoiding all the germs and bugs that have been going round.  I did get one cold, which isn't bad considering the twins seems to have had a constant cold since November!   

Interestingly while everyone in the house was knocked out by the dreaded sickness bug (twice), I totally managed to avoid it (touch wood!).  I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or ties in with the fact I have regularly been using the natural rememdies and trying to be as healthy as possible. 

The honey is delicious and I've been having every morning on toast.  Plus when I had my cold I made myself a hot toddy (minus the whisky) so perhaps the natural remedies really do work.  Who knows? But I will certainly be sticking with it for the rest of the year!

I have got a pic of the fab wooden box that my daughter decorated (for her Moshlings) so will add this pic shortly.

Now, I'm off donate some blood!




No comments:

Post a Comment