Monday 21 November 2011

Review - Plum Baby Food

When I weaned the twins I focused on giving them home cooked food, cooking up all sorts of weird and wonderful vegetables and freezing them.  But, there are times when you just need a handy jar or pouch of ready-made product, particularly when you've got two hungry mouths to feed!!  I became aware of the Plum Baby Food this Summer when I was asked to take part in a baby food trial.  The twins loved the range of products I tried them with and I have to say I am now a regular purchaser of the products. 

The twins favourite Plum meals at the moment are the Red Cabbage & Chicken Casserole Meal and the Salmon & Spinach Bake.    The meals are just so natural tasting, yes I have tried them!  Both babies sit with their mouths open waiting for more, which is definitely not something that happens all the time!

The meals use all organic ingredients and come in handy-size pots, retailing at about £2.69 for the pictured pack of two.  It does sound expensive but in my opinion definitely worth it, the Plum products are so much tastier than other baby foods.

I struggle to buy Plum products in my local Tesco so ordered a bumper pack online - http://www.plum-baby.co.uk/ - for just £10 (great value for money) I was sent the following: 

1 x lemon chicken & sweetcorn pouch
1 x bean & beef stew
1 x minted peas with lamb
1 x spinach & salmon bake
1 x sweet potato & lamb hotpot
1 x spelt & apple munch fingers
1 x four grain with apple & apricot porridge 

The twins have worked their way through, and loved, everything except the porridge.  They are just not big breakfast fans, particularly porridge that you have to mix up.  I have finally now got them into Shreddies so will stick with this until they get bored again!  Then I will retry all the usual suspects - porridge, Weetabix, toast, etc!

I definitely recommend the Plum range of baby food, we'll be moving on to stage 3 soon, although they pretty much eat what we eat now, it is definitely handy keeping some emergency supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment