Thursday 17 November 2011

Whoopie Pies

For the last year, all I've read and dreamed about is Whoopie Pies.  I'd never actually tried them or baked them but just constantly read reviews about them, or heard people say how yummy they are. 

I haven't tried them because I just hadn't found anywhere that sold them and never really got round to ordering online, or didn't want to pay the expensive postage costs.  Well I'm pleased to say this week it all changed, thanks to Twitter I came across @Whoopiepiesuk and found they deliver a trial pack anywhere in the country with no postage costs. 

I was so excited, I visited their website http://www.whoopiepiesuk.co.uk/ straight away and studied the selection carefully.  You could choose two from Strawberry, Banoffee or Chocolate Mars Bar variety.  I opted for a Chocolate Mars Bar and a Banoffee and paid the trial price of £5.99 via Paypal.

Customer services got in touch straight away to confirm delivery, I actually requested a later delivery date when I knew I would be there to receive the parcel.

The parcel arrived a couple of days later and sealed in individual tupperware dishes were my yummy Whoopie Pies:



I couldn't wait to tuck into them, but which one to choose first, it was a difficult decision but I opted for the Banoffee Whoopie Pie! 

I was nervous!  Would the long-awaited Whoopie Pie meet my expectations, what if I didn't like it, what if it was just the same as a boring old fairy cake!  I took my first bite ......

...and breathed a sigh of relief!

It was delicious, so moist and incredibly moreish.  The sponge was yummy banana and the filling vanilla buttercream with a toffee sauce, it tasted just like banoffee pie (well without the biscuit base).  It was scrumptious and its fair to say the rest of the Pie did not stand a chance!  I tucked into it before anyone in the office could ask to try it!

I was very impressed and will certainly be ordering again.  I've already studied the more extensive range of varieties that are on offer when you place an order for 6 or more.  I particularly like the sound of the banana with nutella or the carrot cake with orange.  Its so hard to decide, so while I think about it I might just tuck into the Chocolate Mars Bar Whoopie Pie that is staring at me from my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment