Monday 14 November 2011

SnoozeShade for Car Seat Review

This Summer, I was lucky enough to be sent a SnoozeShade for car seat to test out on my twins.  Priced at £19.99, the shade claims to help your baby switch off from outside distractions, encourage good sleeping habits and better napping when out and above or you prefer other people not to disturb your sleeping baby.

I wasn't overly convinced I would have a use for the SnoozeShade as my babies were a bit older and as I work full-time they don't have a set sleep routine in the day. They are out and about all day with their carer so sleep as/when they need too.

However, I trialled the SnoozeShade at the weekend when we were out and about in the car and was really impressed with the product.    The shade blocks 94% of the light so stopped us having to worry about the glare of the sun whilst driving.  When over the car seat, it keeps a well-ventilated area for babies to sleep and with the highest sun protection UPF50+, we didn't have to worry about sunburn.

It helped my babies sleep without them getting hot and sweaty in the car.  The shade fits so easily over the car seat and when not being used folds up into a little bag that fits neatly into my changing bag.

I would definitely recommend this product, I've actually passed down to a friend now who has a newborn as my babe's are in the next car seat up so I have no use for it.  Time to invest in some suncreens for the car windows!

For further information or to buy a Snoozeshade online visit their website - http://www.snoozeshade.com/snoozeshade-infant-car-seat.html 

I actually purchased a similar product for my double buggy from http://www.boohoobaby.co.uk/ - the Outlook Shade-a-Babe Pram UV Protector for Double Buggies, price £40 - perfect for sun and wind protection.


This shade fits easily over any double buggy and can be held on with velcro.  It has a top sunscreen visor of UPF50+ made of material that blocks out direct sunlight, plus a UPF10 glare shield, beneath the visor that protects from sun if you pull the visor back.  Then a lower mesh of UPF3 to protect from insects and wind.  I used this shade all summer and was pleased with my purchase.  The only downside is the babies were getting quite hot in there so I often left unzipped to let the air circulate.

There is a zip in the middle of the sunshade and both babies can be reached easily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment